Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) skin treatments using the photo rejuvenation procedure is like a revolution in age-defying skin care. This new method treats skin mutilation non-invasively; there is no disturbance of the skin’s epidermal surface. IPL treatments address the effects of photo aging and sun impairment with low risk of problems and nil retrieval time.
What is IPL and how does it work?
Intense Pulsed Light is a process that uses light to absorb melanin (the dark pigment in your hair and skin) and hemoglobin (the red color in your blood vessels). This light translates to heat, which impairs the target cells without disturbing the skins surface. This is used as a non-invasive option for undesirable hair and several skin conditions.
What can IPL treat?
- Flat, benevolent pigmented lesions (freckles, sunspots and general pigmentation)
- Facial vascular lesions (spider veins, red spots and cracked capillaries)
- Diffuse redness, rosacea and red scarring
- Poikiloderma (redness, pigmentation and a mottled appearance on the neck and/or neckline)
- Unsolicited dark facial and body hair
- Jagged skin coloring
- Sun impairment